Headlines matter. A lot. It’s your first, and often only, chance to interest a reader in your topic. Kimba brings us six social media tips for effective headlines to attract your readers and rank higher without sounding scammy.
Even though you might be a one-person company, you can still use a helpdesk to streamline your productivity and client management. Glen takes a look at HelpScout and the many features they offer (even on the free tier).
Rate us on iTunes
- Headlines with numbers (don t spell out the number)
- Highlight the value
- Peak their curiosity
- Stay away from positive superlatives
- Add adjectives or power words
- Add punctuation
Outbrain is a great resource for what works and what doesn’t work
Customer support tools that are easy to use. HelpScout has 3 main components: the Helpdesk, Docs, and Beacon
Helpdesk – use it via email from your email app or from their dashboard. Over 75 keyboard shortcuts make it quick to reply, add notes, close a topic, assign it to someone else, assign to a folder, etc.
Keeps you and your [partner, intern, admin assistant] from accidentally both replying to the same customer email. But, you can also see what your [partner, intern, admin assistant] is saying, so you aren’t out of the loop.
Lets one person be the point of contact for an entire conversation, cutting down on confusion.
- Docs – a knowledgebase for help documents, FAQs, that sort of thing. Makes it easy to set this up and maintain it.
- Beacon – a handy search box you can place anywhere on your site, even every page. Don’t make clients hunt for information. Also, can provide a contact for to get the conversation going with a new lead.
- Integrations – (paid plan) WordPress, Zapier, MailChimp, and all the other mailing list services, WooCommerce, Shopify, Freshbooks.
Free: Unlimited users, 1 mailbox, 30 articles in the Doc knowledgebase, 7-day history, no HelpScout branding, Beacon, but no filters (workflows).
Standard: $20/user/month. 5 mailboxes, 1 Doc knowledgebase, filters.
Plus: $40/user/month. Teams, custom fields, free inactive users.
Links from the Show
HelpScout – https://www.helpscout.net
OutBrain – http://outbrain.com
The post #015 – Effective Headlines For The Win, Helpdesk For Your Sanity appeared first on Productivity Zone.