So you have something to sell, either physical or digital. Where do you go to set up your online shop? This week, Glen gives you his top 5 ways to get your product out the door and money in your pocket. It’s a longer episode, but there’s a lot of info in it.
Kimba offers up this week’s latest and greatest new stuff available in the social media world.
Rate us on iTunes
Where to Sell Your Online Stuff
Ok, I didn’t do the comparison table I promised. It looked really messy, so I decided to put the info in our usual format.
- Good for in-person and online sales
- Easy setup of the online store
- Can do gift cards and loyalty programs
- Price: only pay when you make a sale. 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
- Some publicity through them, but there’s a lot of others selling on Shopify too
- Price: $29/month PLUS 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction, or 2.7% for in-person transactions
LITE plan – sell on Facebook, use Messenger to communicate with customers, take credit card payments: $9/month (same credit card rates as above)
- Digital, physical, subscriptions and pre-orders
- Handles shipping charge calculations, sending tracking numbers
- Generate software license keys
- Discount codes, sizing/color variations
- Calculate sales tax
- Price: $10/month, 3.5% + $0.30 transaction fee
Gumroad Discover – If a customer finds you through it, add 10% transaction fee
- Have Buy buttons, Facebook store
- Discount codes, tax calculations
- Paid tier gives you a website with them
- Price: Free – basic features, up to 5 items. 2.9% + $0.30 (cc fee) + 2% per transaction
LITE – Pages & blog, themes, remove their branding. $11.40/month, same cc & transaction fees
STANDARD – $17.50/month, same cc fee but 1% transaction fee
PRO – adds abandoned cart feature, use your own domain name, the PayPal payments. $23.50/month, same cc fee, no transaction fee
- Marketplace and individual store
- “Awesome Indie Brands”, claims over 52,000 brands
- Order fulfillment, inventory management
- Stripe or PayPal for credit card processing
- Up to 500 product listings
- Discount codes
- Price: Store – only credit card transaction fees. Marketplace – 10% fee
What’s New In Social This Week
- Facebook releases augmented reality effects platform.
- Twitter rolls out in-stream video ads.
- Youtube opens mobile live streaming for smaller accounts (1k)
- Facebook launches new social VR platform, Facebook spaces in beta.
- Snapchat introduces world lenses. Paint the world about you in 3D. Virtually interact with 3D graphics.
- Facebook workspaces, CRM integration with Salesforce, Onedrive and a few others. Very close to Basecamp.
- Facebook launches automated insight for analytics.
- Google Analytics has a new homepage.
- Instagram rolls out collections for a saved post, private and new updates.
- LinkedIn new privacy policies to roll out on June 7th.
- Google testing new job platform called Hire.
Links from the Show
Square – https://squareup.com
Shopify – https://www.shopify.com
Gumroad – https://gumroad.com
Selz – https://selz.com
StoreEnvy – http://www.storenvy.com