Episode #40 seems like a good time to reflect on what we’ve learned over the past year or more that we’ve been recording. We’re airing our failures too because nobody ever seems to talk about their flops. All the main points come to mind – audio and other technical problems, sounding stiff and uncomfortable, not publicizing our new releases. But we also share some of the things we did to promote traffic, where we published and how that’s working out for us. So grab a cuppa and settle in for a listen.
This whole podcasting thing
The struggle is real! This podcast was a year in the making from first recording to release date of our first one! So many changes, but change is good.
- Don’t concern yourself if you have to throw out the first few and record new ones
- Don’t edit yourself to death! Be natural!
- Be comfortable with changing your format
- Record your intro and outro to add to every podcast
- Don’t forget to introduce yourselves
- Record consistently
- Have a buffer of a couple episodes
- Prepare for your shows unless you are Kimba
- Sound software is GarageBand
- Be careful of laughing too loud
- Show notes are more important than you realize
- Download numbers are fun to watch
- Market your podcast
- Have fun!
Links from the Show
Music – https://audiojungle.net
Blue Microphones – http://www.bluemic.com/products/yeti/#
Sound Shield – (not our exact one but you will get the idea) https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PSMRS08-Microphone-Isolation-Dampening/dp/B0117E33PG#customerReviews