We’ve been gone for a bit of a holiday break. We thought we’d make up for it with our top ten apps; a “best of” compilation from a year’s worth of hands-on experiences with the apps and services. These are the tools we use every day and depend on to keep our sanity and keep our businesses running.
Rate us on iTunes
The Top Ten
- VyprVPN (Ep14) Keep your online activities safe and private, especially when using a coffee shop or hotel WiFi.
- 1Password (Ep01) Easily create a unique password for every website that needs a login. Securely keep account numbers handy (like frequent flyer or hotel account numbers) and a lot more.
- Square (Ep33) & Stripe (Ep32) Take credit card payments in person or over the web. Create invoices, sell products. Provide receipts to your customers via text or web.
- TextExpanderTextExpander (Ep07) Save time with shortcuts for commonly used text snippets (even with images). Simplify email signatures, boilerplate text for contracts or form letters.
- Freshbooks (Ep48) Invoicing, payments (online & offline), time tracking & billing, project & time tracking for teams.Grammarly
- Grammarly (Ep17) Like having an editor look over your shoulder to fix your spelling and grammar errors. Never send out another email or newsletter with errors again.
- Zapier (Ep26) Tie together over 1000 applications. Automate one app to send data to another and trigger events like emails, invoices, etc.
- Buffer (Ep01) Schedule your social media posts across multiple platforms.
- MileIQ (Ep4) Track your personal and business mileage without having to remember to start an app at the beginning of your trip. Export your business trips as expenses to services like FreshBooks.
- Evernote (Ep30 & Ep31) So many features we had to give it 2 episodes. Take notes, web clippings, photos, PDFs, audio recordings. There’s more. Lots more.
Honorable mention: Ecamm Live (Ep41) with Ecamm Call Recorder For Skype (Ep35) A desktop app to do Facebook Live. Have mini-webinars with viewer chat windows, add text overlays to your video, use your camera or recorded video. Bring in Skype video chats to broadcast your interview as a Facebook Live session. Make recordings.
We hope you find some or all of these apps valuable. We’ll be back after we’ve had time to gather up a fresh crop of new apps and services and test them. We share only the best with you. If you have a favorite app, let us know and we’ll check it out.